Sunday, September 2, 2012

A New Beginning

Hello fellow pupils and random internet surfers, my name is Cole Stewart. I am a computer science student at the University of Texas at Austin. I took Object Oriented Programming in the Fall from Dr. Downing, and I am very excited to see what Software Engineering has to offer.

This week we talked about the first project, the Collatz Conjecture, which basically states that when given a number, if it is even, divide it by 2, and if odd, multiply by 3 and add 1. When applied repeatedly to a number, it will eventually reach 1. It is an interesting conjecture as nobody has ever actually proved it, but a counterexample has never been produced.

All in all, I am very excited about this class. I am currently working at ARM and use topics learned from Object-Oriented Programming everyday. I am a Java Swing developer, and the class really allowed me to better understand how objects communicate with one another. I am really looking forward to learning more about Python and Javascript. They are things I have always wanted to know more about, but never really had the willpower to do so. This is going to be a great semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment